Anne Frank

“People can tell you to keep your mouth shut, but that doesn't stop you from having your own opinion.” ― Anne Frank (The Diary of a Young Girl)

        Anne Frank was born in 1929 in Germany. Her family moved to Amsterdam in 1933, and she died in the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in 1945. She wanted to live even after she dies and indeed she had lived even until today in people's hearts and mind even among people she never met.
        I am one of those who has been deeply inspired by the courage and wisdom of this young girl. She was my role model and a vision in my teenage thoughts who pushed me to write without limits and unbound by rules. I discovered that I love writing so much because she made me feel how it was like without a voice yet you desire to be heard. I shared her pain and her yearning for freedom.
         I used to write every day and every night in my diary when I was in high school and in nursing school. I never get tired of it even when I was working in the ICU and at the Pediatrics department, I wrote about my patients in my diary. I like writing about people and expressing my ideas and opinions about them and the things that are happening to them. I like shaping my life, creating my own world of realities and connecting concepts that either amaze me or terrify me.
        Just like Anne, I want to make a difference in people's lives. I know I have done that already as a nurse, a teacher, a lover, a friend, a sister, a daughter, a niece, a cousin, an aunt, and a colleague. This time I want to touch people through the art of writing and using my knowledge and attitudes towards health and life. Know more about Anne Frank at http://www.annefrank.org/en/

x

Comments

  1. First time to leave a comment, first time dropping by your blog! Hi Fre! I downloaded this book, but have not yet finished reading it. She was exceptionally wise for her age no? I wonder sometimes, whether I could have attained that kind of calm and perspective that she possessed if I was in her shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love Anne Frank. She never ceases to amaze me. Perhaps if we were in her shoes, we probably have a different version of "the diary."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Flat Head Syndrome and prevention from Pediatric Nurse Perspective

Pursuing a Career as Nurse Educator